Interested in Dragon Boating?
Want to get some exercise and have fun? Here is how you can get started Dragon Boating and what to expect:
Joining the club is as easy as showing up for practice; we’ll let you get in the boat to try Dragon Boating out for at least 2 times for FREE. We love new paddlers!
The first step is to contact any of the below Clubs and find out when they practice. Second, show up and get in a boat!
- Abreast in The West - Breast Cancer Survivors team
- Arizona Gila Dragons - Mixed Competitive team
- Arizona Dragon Riders - Mixed Competitive team
- Phoenix Fire Dragons - Mixed Competitive team
- Arizona Mutineers – Mixed Competitive team
- Arizona SunGi - Women’s team
- ASU - ASU Collegiate
- Arizona Monsoon - Men’s team
- Desert Heat Wave - Special Olympians team
Another option to try Paddling is to go to join our Meetup group to know when we have more opportunities to paddle.
Below are some good tips:
- Show up for practice at the Tempe Town Lake Marina wearing clothes that you would work out in and don’t mind getting wet.
- Bring a bottle of water, a hat and sun screen for yourself, we will provide you a paddle and a PFD (personal flotation device) to paddle in.