IDBF 20 Paddler Dragon Boat
The boats are constructed with a two part mold. This allows for molded interior features such as non-skid decking, fore/aft foot rests and deep interior hand holds to safely lift the boat. The boats are constructed using fiberglass and polyester resin for durability and low maintenance. All boats are made with a Coremat layer for additional stiffness. Core mat is a layer that is sandwiched between the inner and outer hull. Asian hard woods are used for the seats and gunwales. This rich and beautiful wood is sustainable and easy to maintain.
Each bench consists of two parts. The bottom layer is molded construction of fiberglass and polyester resin with the actual seating surface constructed of Asian hard wood. The face is angled 5 degrees forward for a more aggressive posture and is fastened with stainless steel screws which allows for easy maintenance. Swift Racing dragon boats are designed to be fast and stable in the water. They are light weight, about 550 pounds for the 20 paddler boat and 440 pounds for the 10 paddler boat. Each model is constructed using the same materials and methods and is designed to provide years of service when properly maintained. The dragon head and tail are constructed of light weight poly resin and are molded construction. Each head and tail is painstakingly painted by hand using traditional Chinese methods.
Dragon boats are available in a variety of colors. Standard hull and interior color is white. The scales are applied during the molding process using Ashland MaxGuard gel coat. This method produces a scale that is built in to the hull, not applied like a sticker.
- Model 1222- 20 paddler dragon boat
- Length: 12.4m (40.68 feet)
- Width: 1.16m (3.81 feet, widest point)
- Depth: 0.54m (1.77 feet)
- Weight: 250 kg (550 pounds)
- Material hulls: fiberglass/polyester sandwich, double- hull construction, Coremat*
- Gel Coat: Ashland MaxGuard Gel Coat
- Seats: 10 benches, 5 degree angle, seats 20
- Deck rails: Asian Hard Wood
- Material seats: Asian Hard Wood
- Drum seat: Mahogany
- Bolt: stainless steel
- Steering Oar: Laminated Wood
- Head, Tail: Polyester Resin molded construction, hand painted
- Scale application: In mold gelcoat – not stickers
- Inclusive: Head, tail, steering oar, drum, drummer seat, number holder